Tuesday, December 8, 2009

'Tis The Season for Lots 'O Layouts

Fa La La La La .......

Wanted to keep your hearts all warm tonight so.....i just wanted to show you some of my most recent layouts.

*WARNING: lots to see here.

"The Love of my Life"
You can't really see it, but I dry embossed circles onto the white background cardstock; then went over them with some chalk -- an old technique; but always a goodie. Love all the pp that I could use in this lo.....I have enough of it.
"Balloon Baby"
This lo is incredibly simple, but i love the result. Lots of pp strips and just a few embellies.

I created my own title letters by drawing them onto watercolour paper, shading them in with pencil crayons & a blending pen. Then I pop-dotted a few of the letters. Totally inspired by CK Muckosky....love the personality she always shares on her layouts. I want to try that more."Looking UP"
Always have to create a Rocket Day (labour day) LO......this one focuses more on the relationship that the kids have with Ron's uncle Harry -- what a great guy!!!!! Love the AC foamy arrows in the corner.

"What's in your Hand?"
Lots 'o Layers and Lovin' this background PP. And a great story (journalling) about how Ron has changed his mind about texting. Men!?!
"coolin' Off"
Tons of layering here and some serious dimensional elements. The flowers are cut from K&Company pp and i'm lovin' all the felt embellies these dayz.....and always some bling.
"wonder"
This lo is totally scrap-lifted. Love the simplicity of it. You can really use a fave pp to showcase in this layout -- I have LOTS of those. :)

"jump into Fall"
Had to use this woodgrain background pp for this lo -- it was the PERFECT paper. Love the felt embellishments here & all the ribbon strips that are sewn on the bottom of the photos.

I used my paper piercer to free-hand draw around my center photo (yes.....I scratched right onto the photo!!!!) and then cut around the doodling with my scissors. Just another way to give some texture and dimension to your layouts -- neat to include some texture on the photos as well.
"summer Lovin'"
love the photo on this layout -- one of my fave summer photos of Carter & Asha (backyard trampoline dayz).
"ours"
Last, but not least, on this layout I used a very busy and bright pp for my background. It just wasn't doing anything for me. So, I layered strips of masking tape right onto the background paper, butting them up to one another. I simply just ripped the tape strips at the top and bottom to give them a very rough look. I then rubbed water-based dye ink onto the tape and wiped it off right away with a paper towel. Most of it stuck to the tape, but by wiping it off right away, the look was very subtle -- not too bold. Very cool look. :)
One problem: no adhesive sticks to the {almost} glossy masking tape. So, I had to stitch around all my photos with the sewing machine. Not planned, but love it.
Remember........."no mistakes; only unexpected creations!!!!!"
Hope you enjoy.....now, get going and scrapbook some layouts tonight.
freezing {from the farm},
j.

1 comment: