Saturday, March 6, 2010

hi friend

One of my everyday reads is the Studio blog over at American Crafts. love, Love, LOVE this company -- their products are so up my alley and they have amazing pattern paper; which is a HUGE passion of mine. totally gaga over their little felt embellishments too.

Anyway......they always post their weekly challenges and I always read them, do the challenge, and then never get around to posting them here and on their blog.

So.....this week (actually tonight) I {again} read their challenge, created the challenge, BUT..... am now posting it and will link this post on their blog later on tonight -- "hi to everyone who found me from the AC blog".

This is the challenge for this week:
So, like the true scrap-user that I am, I scrounged my scrap-island for American Crafts products and found a few. This is the card I created:
AC products used were: all the pattern paper on the card, including the butterfly punched pp -- minus the lace-punched ledger on the bottom; the felt tree & the chipboard bird.
Love layering and pop-dotting to add dimension to my creations. Here, I also had to use a new silver vinyl rub-on from my sister -- love ALL the stuff she sends me. :) I punched the edge of the card with my Crop-o-dile and tied ribbons through the holes to bind the card. Little hint: don't tie them too tight; the card won't open properly then.

Here's the inside of the card. The little stickers say "friend" -- for a "hi friend" card. Used some stickers from 7 gypsies to add a little somethin' somethin' to the inside.
I added a beautiful AC pattern paper to the back of the card for a little surprise. So often cards can be so boring from the back. LOVE this paper and needed to use it somewhere. Really pretty and a little bit of whimsy on the back never hurt anyone. :)
Hope you enjoy.
thankful for my hobby tonight {from the farm},
j.



3 comments:

  1. Love the card, it is really beautiful. I'll have to find some time to check out the AC blog, I love their products too. TFS :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, if this is what you do with "scraps"... I am stoked to see what you'll do with my "scraps" at my place!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete