Monday, March 15, 2010

when in Rome

Look familiar to anyone?

It's the latest thing that I am seeing on all the galleries, blogs & magazines. It's little triangles cut out of pattern paper, fabric, cardstock, ribbon, etc. to create a funky little banner across your page.

So..... naturally, I had to give it a whirl:

I cut an assortment of triangles from some PP and fabric. I adhered them where I wanted them on the page first, then stitched through them with my sewing machine. Then I curled the edges up a bit by hand.

I created these accordian-style flowers out of 1- 2 inch strips of pattern paper. The depth of the flowers (how far they stand off the page) will totally depend on your accordian folding. My folds on the dotted flower are about 1 1/2 inches -- a little too wide for my liking. The green ledger flower is better with 1 inch folds. Used some ki memories GLOO in the centre to attach the decorative brad. Attached the flowers to my layout with a large circle of adhesive cut from Microdots.
The photo of Daria was a little busy around the edges (she's standing behind a ladder), so I scratched around the perimetre of the photo with my paper piercer. I scratched a few large ovals around the photo first using my plastic oval photo cutter by Creative Memories. Then I simply scratched away around the oval. Just gives the layout a little more character. :)Hope you enjoyed {from the farm},
j.

No comments:

Post a Comment