Friday, March 25, 2011

building up a background

This layout is being featured on the mSB Blog today. Our design team challenge was to "build a background" on either a card or layout using mSB stamps.

I decided to use my Abundant Blossoms stamp set to build up a diagonal design behind my photo. I used four different ink colours by Close To My Heart (Archival Black, Grey Wool, Grey Flannel & White Daisy) to stamp different flower designs across the background, making sure to overlap the images to get a layering effect. Then I cut out other stamped smaller flowers (stamped in Archival Black ink), snipped the petals & attached them to the layout using tiny black brads. I turned up the petals to add some dimension to the LO. Then I added my own machine stitching & embellishments.

Here are some close-ups:

I used the blank rectangle from the Just Add Notes stamp set for my journaling blocks. An easy way to fit in your journaling and bring a little pop of (ink) colour to your page!!!


Go check out what others from the mSB design team did to "Build A Background"............ and build your own in your scraproom today.


{from the farm},
j.

No comments:

Post a Comment