Saturday, June 18, 2011

him

On Sunday.....many people will be celebrating the fathers in their lives.........and I will be joining them. So, I thought it fitting to share a few things I LOVE about my Dad (these are just a few -- there are sooooooooo many more):

1. I love how he takes a special interest in our kids (all his grandchildren, actually). But the special bond he shares with Daria (my oldest / his oldest grandchild) is incredibly special. They just seem to always have this certain "thing" that will always keep them close. I hope, as Daria grows up and moves away, she will continue to grow even closer to her Pa.
2. Dad "tolerates" countless photos taken of him with his grandchildren. What a trooper!!!! Thanks, Dad. (Even Carter's getting involved in this one with his Auntie Lisa).
3. Dad, I love that you have taken a special interest in your girls' lives -- farming. You come out to help us during harvest, you take time to ask us & phone us about how things are going on the farm, and you come out to visit us often, fixing things around the house (okay........actually doing complete renovations on a weekend). I am so incredibly proud to say, when I drive by a newly built home, that "my Dad built that!!!!!!" Cool. Not everyone can say that in this world. We love your help on the farm........



..........and your help when events like this take place too. THANKS, Dad.

4. My Dad is "a lover.......not a fighter".



5. Dad is always fun to be around and is silly with the kids...........................



.....need I say more??!!!!

6. Although technology is not his strong-suit, he's trying.......trying really hard. And it's evenings like when he & Mom phone because they've pressed a button on the TV and don't know what they've done and we're suppose to solve it over the phone..............that I laugh & love them more and more every minute.

7. My Dad is a listener, so when other husbands are doing this...........

.....my Dad is waiting & listening to every instruction.

8. My Dad has always put up with 4 women in the house. I think that's why he's so loveable, forgiving, patient, goofy & .........................demanding!!!! He's learned from his surroundings. And besides.................can you blame him?


.......He puts up with things like this.

I LOVE YOU, DAD!!!!!!


Happy Father's Day.


xox {from the farm},

j.

No comments:

Post a Comment